Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Unusual inspiration - No country for old men...


I know I'm more than a couple of years too late to jump onto this bandwagon...but I got to see " no country..." only this past weekend! You must be wondering what is this crime-thriller doing on a decor blog with a motto that urges you to 'live beautifully'...but strangely this bleak, scary and relentlessly violent movie...left me with images other than those of  just blood and gore. It is a gripping tale indeed and I will not critique the storyline or the cast and their performances.( which were superlative, by the way)...what really left me spellbound was the cinematography, the shot composition  and beauty of the unforgiving desert landscape of West Texas..

From the opening scene, when Moss ( Josh Brolin) stumbles upon some dead bodies and a stash of cash, I couldn't take my eyes off the beautifully barren landscape and to add to the stark beauty of it were the Ford pickups in the most gorgeous of colors...this apricot - hued one, for instance...



via greyclouds.net

I love how beautifully the above image translates to this glamorous room....there couldn't be a greater contrast in the feel of the two images despite the presence of same colors down to  the little hint of green from the grass in the above image mirrored by the foliage in the vases below....


via thelennox.com

This collage of images from the movie depicts all the beautiful hues of blue and turquoise contrasting vivdly with the reds and orange... you can spot a couple more pick-ups in this image...a red and a soft turquoise...


afeaturefilm.blogspot.com

.. and if it were a room..It could end up looking a lot like this....


via apartmenttherapy.com

Finally...check out the color of the door of the motel room..what is it called...aqua-teal? It is gorgeous...I just couldn't get it out my head..and had to do a great deal of research until I found.......


 via greyclouds.net

....this...I dare you to find a closer match......I love the stunning contrast it makes with the red...really gorgeous..

via house beautiful

Since my husband, who was also watching the movie with me, did not notice any of these details till I pointed those out to him..it is quite possible that blogging has made me hypersensitive to finding beauty and inspiration in everything....even in places where one is least likely to go looking for them ! 



8 comments:

The Vintique Object said...

No Country for Old Men was filmed in my home state, New Mexico, and seeing these pictures makes me ache for it. I'm in rainy, Northern California now...

I love how you related the colors in the movie to interiors. I have to admit that I also get caught up in 'looking' that I often miss the story.

Such an interesting post.
Camille

scott said...

True, I saw no beauty in that movie two years ago...found it disturbing. Never imagined anyone can see things beyond there were to see and in such an opposite direction...you a super talented and passionate artiste.

meenal bishnoi said...

Camille - I hope you get to visit your home state soon!

Scott- thankyou so much...you are ever so encouraging!

design elements said...

there is a beauty in the movie and in your post. simply beautiful! When I first saw the movie it mad me sad. Then I saw it some months ago and I enjoyed it much more...warm hugs to you, Meenal. It's always interesting to visit you. Today is my kids day. We always spend the whole Tuesday together. I'm in the train with my kids on our way to the zoo :-) I'll post when they fall asleep :-)

meenal bishnoi said...

Maria- thankyou for your lovely comment, as always..I hope you had a great time with your kids today..warm hugs to you all!! xx meenal

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

You're so right! Wow, I watched that movie too and didn't pick up on any of that! But it's true, the landscape was gorgeous, and the colors look beautiful in those rooms. Awesome way to find inspiration!

OZ said...

Haven't seen the movie myself, now I need to!
Its interesting how you can find an inspiration for beauty in everything...

meenal bishnoi said...

Brooke- thanks!
Onaiza-nice to have you over..you must watch this movie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...