Monday, March 7, 2011

A gift from Paris...

One of the fondest ( and the sweetest ) memories of my trip to Paris, last October, was the discovery of Pierre Hermé ....they of the most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth macarons!! I am ever so greatful to the concierge at our hotel who recommended Pierre Hermé , in her opinion, an option far better than the famed Laduree!! I tasted both and could not have agreed more with the lady. Since then,every time any of  our friends travel to Paris or London, there is one special favour I never forget of ask of them...to get me a box of macarons from my favourite boutique.


To cut to the chase....this is the  box of  assorted Pierre Hermé macarons that my friend got for me from Paris over the weekend!! I would have been happy with just the box also...






Just see how gorgeous it is.....the image...the colors..they all spell contemporary chic, to me. This is the fifth 'P' of marketing at it very best.....you guessed it..PACKAGING!! Even if I hated the taste of macarons( a totally wild assumption)...I'd buy them just for the box!!






When your have a great product and then you give equal importance to the packaging....you've certainly got a winner on your hands!!





Though the macarons  looked a little worse for wear after their transcontinental journey...they tasted just as good as I remembered from that boutique on rue Cambon...

This tempting assortment didn't last too long but this box is going to stay with me  for a very long time!!






So next time you are in Paris...or London...or Tokyo....pay Pierre Hermé  a visit....you will thank me for it! You can always give me the empty box to show gratitude!!

7 comments:

Anastasia said...

I loooove macaroons and I'm dying to go to Paris to enjoy these beautiful creations. But I must say that sure is one gorgeous box! You're a lucky girl!

meenal bishnoi said...

They have many more boxes, Anastasia...you really must try macaroons at Pierre Herme....Ladurre may be legendary but PH certainly makes them better!!

Meera @ firstsense said...

I LOVE MACARONS TOO! :) I'll be sure to find Pierre Herme when I go to Paris.

I've just stumbled upon your blog and my goodness, how did I not know of your blog before?? I love your catalogue of inspirations. I've just read all about the Taj Mahal, how fascinating!

I'm your newest follower :)

Meera xx

meenal bishnoi said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment and support, Meera!!

Katie said...

Macarons have kind of been an obsession for me lately. You're so lucky to have gotten a box of Herme macarons! I just need to convince someone to bring back his book, Macaron, for me (they never printed it in the US). A box of macarons wouldn't hurt either, though! I guess I'll just have to keep making my own...

Lovely blog. Very nice collection of inspiration photos!

meenal bishnoi said...

Wow katie...you can make macarons!!! that is some talent!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

We got back from Paris a couple weeks ago...I definitely had my share of macaroons! Such a pretty box...those French like a pretty cadeau!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...