Monday, March 14, 2011

garden gossip...


Over the weekend, while pottering around my garden, I took a few pictures of the plants , particulary of the Bismark palms that flank the side entrance of our house. Later, while I was filing them in my garden album... I came across the images of the same palms that I took about 15 months back and was stunned to see how much they had grown!!! Have a look....

The very young bismark alongside the bougainvillea plant is now.....




.....this strapping guy towering above all around him!!!





While the other puny one, peeking from behind the gorgeous ficus.....




....is more than head and shoulders above the last year's  big guy!!





I love bismark palm...it looks so imposing and the frosted grey-green color is just lovely. How about you...which is your favourite plant?

all images maison marigold

4 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

It did grow quickly. The color is beautiful and the new height provides great scale in your garden.
By the way, my daughter's middle name is Marigold.

meenal bishnoi said...

I love the name, Marigold..for me the flower is quintessentially Indian due to its very close association with so many of our rituals...thanks for dropping by My Notting Hill!!

Unknown said...

Hey M...what a lovely garden you have! My garden is a hotch potch of colour and plants. Dont know when one ends and the other starts!! Ha ha!

meenal bishnoi said...

But then you live in the jungle, A!! its gotta be a little wild, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...