Friday, April 15, 2011

One man's adventure is another (wo)man's agony...

The man here is..my husband..the woman..is ofcourse me..and the adventure- his two-week trek and rafting trip through the Grand Canyon while I stay home with the kids..Now the agony bit is not so difficult to figure out...is it? I am not even talking about the the few extra days he'll spend in Vegas.

Starting tomorrow ( for him ).. there will a be a little bit of this....




..followed by a whole lot of this....




....while I'm left tending to my flock all by myself .. for a good three weeks...and no.. I won't be cooling off with my cubs in the snow...as outside it is just hot  ... and getting hotter with every passing day... a fool-proof mood-spoiler for me since time immemorial...





 This is one adventure I really wanted to be a part of , but with little kids it is not always your choice to make ...To smoothe my ruffled feathers I've been promised an adventure holiday rafting the Zambezi in Africa sometime next year..if I so desire  (you see I'm easy to please that way)..So I have a full year to hone my non-existent rafting skills or else pick another destination !! Has anyone done either of these trips..would love to know how it went!

6 comments:

Sidd Gupta said...

Hey Meenal,

Hang in there ! Meera and I did the Grand Canyon rafting trip 8 years ago, and it was (excuse the pun) 'grand' !

I also have an intrepid aunt who's done the Zambezi river rafting trip, where I am told the rapids (if not the views) are breathtaking.

So you'll have an amazing time either way.

Sidd

Anonymous said...

You r such a sweetheart.

meenal bishnoi said...

thanks Sidd..something to look forward to !!
Anon- you better remember that in vegas as well!!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I just found your blog...I'm not a fan of Las Vegas...we just went there and spent about 36 hours, which was enough. Also just returned from a trip to the Grand canyon, wonderful trip, but I'm terrified of the thought of whitewater rafting. On another note, I love your blog title and the gorgeous photo. Marigolds are so beautiful and many people don't appreciate them here in the United States. I read about how them on the blog, Slow Love Life.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, I just don't know what to say! My husband once went to Tokyo and I begged my ob/gyn to let me go at 6-7 months pregnant. No way she said. The responsibilities of mothers and mothers to be! I say make your African trip all the more grand to compensate!

Janell

Anonymous said...

Your hubby does owe you one (times million!)But your kids are way too adorable- don't worry three weeks will pass by in a flash! BTW Shopping is a great therapy :)
Jaya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...