Thursday, April 14, 2011

What we chose...


Today we  ordered two of these lovelies for our dining room!!! Though they will take 5-6 weeks to arrive ( from Germany)..I'm already dreaming about sitting at the head of the table..as we host dinner parties for our friends!!

Panton chair

Verner Panton's 1960's classic has been on my radar for quite some time now.I love its sculptural quality and amazing versatility. I've seen it working in practically every room and with varied interiors..be it modern, contemporary or eclectic. Here are some of my favourite dining rooms featuring this modern day classic in white ...since that's the color we have chosen:

simon upton for domino

elle.es

via madebygirl

emily mccall

via d*s

via domino

via elle decor

source unknown

viewdeco.gr

via d*s

I would have loved it if all eight could be Pantons but breaking the bank to furnish a room is not the wisest thing to do..well..not just yet! Hence begins the quest for choosing the remaining SIX!!! It's going to be a whole lot of fun..stay tuned!

16 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

It looks fabulous! I so excited for you! Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx

Glamour Drops said...

Oh, good choice! Well, I would say that because it is what I chose for our own dining chairs ~ so I am naturally biased.

But the amazing thing about these chairs, apart from their superb comfort at long dinner parties, is that they seem to work with absolutely any other chair and any style of table, as you so beautifully point out here with your images.

Long wait but it will be worth it!

travelkate said...

How fun! Love those chairs! Can't wait to see the other chairs you choose!

meenal bishnoi said...

Thanks Kellie!
Virginia- you must share pictures of your dining room on your blog!
Thanks Kate..you are always so sweet with your comments!
xx meenal

The Vintique Object said...

I love every picture you've chosen especially the contrast of the clean-lined white chair with a drippy chandelier. I know that the chairs will be perfect for you. I'd love to see pictures when they arrive...

I think that source unknown picture is Elle Decor, but not sure.

designchic said...

Can't wait to see photos of your dining room when the fabulous new chairs arrive...gorgeous!!

pve design said...

Love love those sleek chairs!!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

great choice....i LOVE panton chairs. I almost got those for my dining table.

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

design elements said...

interesting to see the other chairs :-) the panton is a timeless chair. happy weekend

Viera said...

on , they a such a classic.
Great choice.
X
V

meenal bishnoi said...

Thankyou all!

Maria- a happy weekend to you too!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

hi meenal! i LOVE this chair. i know i've seen it before, but i don't think i've ever really NOTICED how fabulous it is! it can be used in a variety of interiors, which is always a plus. can't wait to see photos of yours when they arrive. have a fantastic weekend! xoxo - julie

lark + linen said...

ahh, I love me a good panton chair.

ps. thanks for your sweet comment on my desk project on design*sponge yesterday! Made my day xx

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Great choice! Happy to have found your blog.

Shannon Fricke said...

Love these Pantons...

KC said...

Pantons are my favorite for dining rooms! can't wait to see the finished product, and LOVE your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...