Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meyha's Room | Little Changes

I shared pictures of my daughter Meyha's room almost 2 years back (here). I loved everything about that room, so I never bothered to change anything. However, I recently made a few minor changes to make it a little brighter and add some extra sleeping option...

Here's the 'Before' picture ( the light is really bad in this one)...


And this is what it looks like now...


As you can see everything is practically the same, but I changed the bed linen and cushions ( still staying with the pink and blue color scheme ) , only they are brighter this time. The two slip-covered ottomans (from Bo Concept) at the foot of the bed  are a new addition to the room. They provide extra seating when Meyha has friends over and if a couple of them stay for the night, we unfold the ottomans and they join to make a very comfortable Queen-sized bed!! It is really like having an extra bed in the room without compromising the space.


The candy- striped bolsters and the reversible quilt on the bed are both custom-made. The chevron cushions are from Good Earth. The beautiful woven basket is something I picked up from a craft bazaar in Delhi. It looks like it was specifically made for this room!


The very vibrant lumbar pillow has been made from an intricately hand-embroidered vintage textile ( a beautiful tribal skirt that I had sourced) from the state of Gujarat.  It is really the focal-point of this room.

I am very happy with the fresh vibe of this room now...some time little things go a long way. I would love to know your thoughts on this mini-make-over.

2 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

The room looks oh-so beautiful:) I love how fresh it feels and how adorable it is. Happy Tuesday, lovely.

Unknown said...

Your Blog post has very helpful information.
Thanks for share.... .

Keep sharing
furniture suppliers india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...